Your wedding is a very special event and there is no doubt you have chosen special people to be involved when you exchange your vows. If you have already planned who will be in your wedding party, it is important to show your gratitude to each of the party members by giving a meaningful gift. While finding the perfect gift for a mother, father or a bridesmaid may be easy; it is often difficult for a groom to find the perfect gift for the groomsmen. The gift is often a gesture filled with meaning and serves to signify the male bond. It is important to avoid giving the groomsmen a gift just for the sake of giving a gift. If you are having difficulty choosing the right gift, consider giving each of your groomsmen a personalized flask. The flask is a keepsake that will remind your friends of the part they played in your wedding each time they enjoy their favorite alcoholic beverage.
Why Are Flasks a Great Gift for Groomsmen?
Buying gifts for your male friends can often be difficult and when you have a bunch of groomsmen it can make it even harder. Gift cards are far from personal and some of the finer male bonding gifts really can’t be given with your parents around so you need to find a balance. If your buddies enjoy fine liquor, a flask is a gift that is affordable, useful and has meaning. It also provides the groom a really nice comfort since you can give the gift at the rehearsal dinner and ask your groomsmen to keep it hidden in their tux pocket just in case you need a swig to get the edge off before saying I do. Just knowing there is a shot nearby is rumored to help newlyweds relax. Some of the many benefits flasks have as timeless groomsmen gifts include:
- A great accessory to have when attending almost any event (except rehab)
- Very affordable and come in a variety of different designs
- They can be used to hold anything from alcohol to water
- Personalized engraving available so you groomsmen can remember your wife’s name
- An original gift that is useful and has meaning.
What Types of Flasks Can I Choose for My Groomsmen
Flasks are certainly not one-size-fits-all. When you are shopping for gifts, you should consider which flask would be most useful for your groomsmen. Of course, you do not want to invest in a container that is cheap and will not last – the point of giving these containers as gifts is to preserve the memories of the occasion. This means you need to research all of your options and narrow down the product lists until you find the right design. Some of the most popular styles available on the market today:
- Pewter Flasks: If you want your gift to be classy and sophisticated, a pewter flask will do the trick. One of the main reasons why a pewter flask is the perfect keepsake is because they can easily be engraved and personalized with photographs and text. These are very durable flasks that will stand the test of time and come in a variety of sizing options.
- Stainless Steel Flasks: Stainless steel flasks are quickly becoming top-sellers because they are modern in design. Like pewter applications, a stainless steel flask can be engraved with a commemorative message or a sign of gratitude and are extremely durable.
- Leather Flasks: If you are giving your gift to someone who likes all things traditional, the leather hip flask may be a great choice. Unlike pocket flasks, leather applications can be fastened to the belt so that they are easily accessible whenever the wearer needs a swig. Leather flasks often look more masculine, and are great for your friends who love to hunt or camp.
- Flask Sets: If you want to give more than just an individual flask, you may want to consider giving an entire flask set. Sets come with a single flask, a funnel for easy pouring, and two small glasses. This is a one-of-a-kind gift that the recipient will truly appreciate.
- Creative Flasks: If you want to get a little creative with your gift, there are several different styles you should look out for. All of the applications have hidden flasks and compartments. Some of the best ones include sports team flasks, cigar flasks and more.
Show your appreciation in the best way possible and give a gift that your groomsmen will keep for years to come. Consider the interests of your groomsmen, your budget and the style of flask that is most suitable. When you decide which flasks are best, make sure you order the gifts well in advance and schedule an appropriate time to have your gift giving ceremony. Write a short and sweet speech to show your groomsmen just how much you appreciate their support and then celebrate with a toast.